Followers

Followers

Thursday 20 January 2011

Crafty sentiments vintage challenge

Hello to all my blogging friends, thanks for coming by my blog again! Today sees a new challenge over at crafty sentiments whch is VINTAGE. This is such a fab challenge and even if it is a bit out of your comfort zone why not have a go?!
There are some stunning new releases coming out of the crafty sentiments store at the mo and I psormise to show you some soon but for this challenge I just had to use this spring Amy stamp as she so reminds me of a little old fashioned victorian girl in her pinafore dress!

I have followed the sketch this month over at CLP and have used beautiful vintage freebie papers from farfar hill (where else for vintage?!) My die cut ornate frame is from the fabulous hobbyhabitat, my flowers are wild orchids, my metal connector bead is a bargain purchase from a closing down craft store, my lace is from ebay and my circular sentiment is also crafty sentiments. I have used vintage photo distress ink on practically everything in sight!
I have tried to create as vintage a look as I can for my image with my prisma pencils.

I would also like to enter this into totally papercrafts happy birthday, pennys paper crafty anything goes and 2 sisters flowers challenge. We hope you can join in with our challenge this wk, why not pop across to see what the other DT have been up to!
hugs everyone
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

22 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous vintage card .. love the die cut frame and the lace
Hope you are ok and the migraine is now gone
Lisa ;)

Tracy said...

this is beautiful i love the colours you have used, hope you are feeling much better, hugs Tracy x

martina's kaartjes said...

this is very pretty ! lovely card, great details,
greetings, martina
x

Anonymous said...

hi rebekah! what a beautiful vintage card. the brownisch is so great. love that frame. the image is so cute. saw that you have been feeling bad, so im hoping that you are feeling great now. hugs!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Rebekah, I love the die cut, and the lace is amazing. You can obviously 'do' vintage really well. Hugs, Heather :)

cheryl said...

oh sweetie this is just gorogues really love this so beautifully designed too hugs cheryl xx

Unknown said...

Wow Rebekah, I can't believe vintage is out of your comfort zone as well, you did a fantastic job with this card, it's lovely, the lace, coloring and that little metal bead is so pretty :) xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the card its super. Every time I come on your blog my keyboard gets wet with my Edward Cullen drooling!! LOL He is scrummy!!!
Love Hazelxoxo

Nina Macaulay said...

Beautiful!
I love your vintage stye, with so many beautiful details and great layout.
I especially like your lace detail :o)

Have a nice evening.

Hugs Nina x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the die cut frame
hugs Mandy xx

Mary J said...

So lovely Rebekah! Love your colouring!!!

Hope you had a super week!

Unknown said...

Wow Rebekah, I just love this card!! I so like that swirl thingie around the image! Is that a die?? Hugs, Frea

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is just stunning! Love that cute little girl and the die cut frame is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining our 'Happy Birthday' challenge at Totally Papercrafts.
Caroline xxx

Anne said...

oh Rebekah am loving the die cut backer, it's stunning as is the rest of your card. Gorgeous work:)

Thanks for playing along with TPC this week
Anne x

Sassy Scrapper said...

You catch me everytime!!!! I click on your blog to post and what is the first thing I see is Edwards beautiful face. And I think OMG I must have died and gone to heaven. Then I remember oh ya that's right I'm visiting my sweet friend Rebekah.

Your card is gorgeous. I love the vintage look and you used the distress ink perfectly. Awesome job colouring. Thank you so much for joining us for this months sketch challenges at CLP.
Hugs Bonnie
CLP-Designer

Unknown said...

Beautiful vintage card Rebekah, love how you have coloured Amy! JO x

Gem said...

this is so soft and pretty Rebekah :) x

Jac’s Playground said...

Stunning Rebekah, I have to agree with you about the image being perfect for the theme I love your vintage feel to this card. xx

Courtney said...

This is adorable Rebekah!! Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

PS~I love the eye candy on your blog!! ;0)

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Rebekah this is stunning, Vintage is my all time favourite I love looking at people's creations of this era and they bring me so much delight, just like this one of yours that I am seeing now, unfortunately I am useless at it, lol. I so love the papers and design and that image is adorable.
Hugs
Lorraine x

stephanne said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the colours you've selected and that delightful frame you've included along with that cotton lace, just stunning!! Thanks for playing with us at CLP this month!!
hugs, stephanne

Chelsea said...

Wow, a gorgeous take on the Sketch. The lace fabric is amazing. An adorable image and colored so beautifully.
Love,
Chelsea