Followers

Followers

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Creative cottage "new" challenge

Hellloooo everyone! Apologies for my absence but rest assured I now have DT posts from today through to sunday all sorted lol!
Today sees a "new" challenge over at the creative cottage challenge blog which has been chosen by Sue and her challenge is to use something "new" or create a "new" themed card.
I have made this "new years" birthday card for my dad, he turned 70 on Jan 1st so this has been sent and received by now! I have used the fabulous papers from the jungle fun kit available at the creative cottage shop along with this fabulous digi image I won from digi stamp boutique, perfect for a dad type card!!


I have coloured my image with prisma pencils and have hand drawn some stitching to match the stitched patchwork paper I have used.
My metal sentiment is one I've had in my stash for a while as is the sticky numbers I've popped on. I have used eyelets and twine for a light embellishment, always a hard one with male cards!!
I am entering this into Aud sentiments anything goes challenge, Stamp n doodles New challenge and totally Gorjuss for someone special challenge.
Thanks so much for coming by to see me again, I can't wait to get back into crafting now the kids are back at school! Don't forget to join in with our fortnightly challenge to be in with a chance of winning a £10 voucher to spend on those fabulous creative cottage goodies!
hugs to everyone!!
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful male Birthday Card Rebekah I'm sure your Dad loved it! Jo xxxx

lindyloo said...

oh I just love the colours of your card and the image could be my hubby lol huggies lindyloo x

Suzie McFloozy said...

A fab "male" card - love the layout and the twine is just perfect x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Lisa Jane said...

LOve those papers - perfect for a male card
Lisa ;)

Brenda Brown said...

What a fab card for your Dad Rebekah, lovely papers and well designed. I hope your Dad had a great day and celebrations.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Unknown said...

Great card Rebekah, I am sure dad loved it. Love the twine embellie.

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww totally gorgeous card, fab image & colouring, luv the design, sue,x

scrapn_momof2 said...

Great card. Awesome coloring and just perfect for a dad.

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah, give him a little more belly and less hair and there you have it, my hubby LOL!! It's a good thing he doesn't blog!! Love your card hun!! Greetz, Frea

Tracy said...

fabulous card Rebekah that image is great and i love the design. hugs Tracy x

Donna said...

I love this card Rebekah, your colouring is amazing and the papers are perfect, I bet your Dad loved this card :) Donna x