Followers

Followers

Friday 28 January 2011

Decoupage pink gem style

Howdy ho peeps hope we are all well out there! Firstly I have to apologise for my photos today, the light was so NOT playing ball here so they aren't so good!
Today I have a card using the cute Andy with skateboard decoupage sheet available at pink gem designs. I'm not a decoupage fan (ok slap me now!) only because I love to colour so much, but this little cutie just had to be made, isn't he fab?!
I have to say though I really like the way this has turned out (for a non decoupage fan!) it is a fabulous effect!

I have followed the sketch for my card over at cute card Thursday this wk and all of my layers are from the one print out of the decoupage sheet. My fabulous papers are also digi downloads from pink gem designs, the stripes and the gingham range. I have inked my edges with Tim's stormy sky, my twine, button, pearls and cardboard star are from stash.
Here you can hopefully see my numerous layers on the image.

I also want to enter this into Paperplays layers challenge, alphabets M for male challenge and Allsorts male card.
Thanks for coming by again, maybe I have converted a few non decoupage fans out there!!
Hugs to everyone
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

14 comments:

crafty creations said...

Fabulous card Rebekah - and yes the decoupage is brill x Hilda

martina's kaartjes said...

cool boys card ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous Rebekah. Love the colours and the string detail. Just working on a card with this fab image myself....inbetween nursing sick kids :-( xx Jenny xx

Lesley said...

Great card, love the image! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Mummylade said...

great image and the decoupage is fantastic! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this creation and good luck!

Lisa Jane said...

I love decoupage - this is gorgeous .. the colours are so soft
Lisa ;)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So sorry I haven't had much time for bloging this week with sorting out Facebook. I am a non decouopager too (is that a word?) but I had to do some for the last Beatrix Potter launch for CC and I did enjoy it. It won;t take the place of stamping though but makes a change and I love this fab card. Great layout. Marianne x

Janet said...

Oh wow! love this sweetie.....you have done a fab job with him! x

Unknown said...

Woohoo Rebekah, I have the same thing, I prefer colouring as well bit this one is uber cute!! I so use decoupage sometime when I sit on the couch with hybby watching TV I meanwhile cut out decoupage picture. Of course I do have to make a card afterwards, that's why you sometimes see them coming up on my blog LOL! There's one coming on tomorrow :) Have a nice weekend, hugs, Frea

DesignerDiva said...

Hey Rebekah love yur blog (guessing you kinda like Rob Pat - me too!) love this card its so difficult to make cards for boys/men but you've got it off pat also adore your easter card - those colours are to die for! Thanks for finding me out and following Hugs x Laurie x

Anonymous said...

Really great card, and lovely image (even though it's a decoupage ;)) Take care!
Hugs //Hanna

Sassy Scrapper said...

Weee what a fun card. Perfect for a boy! I love the 3-D look awesome job!
Hugs Bonnie

Deirdre said...

Wow, your layers are amazing.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

Vanja said...

Wonderful card, Rebekah! I love the image and all the layers.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs
Vanja