Followers

Followers

Sunday 22 April 2012

Kenny K pockets with tags DT card

Happy Sunday everyone!
Ugh to this UK weather! Honestly one minute it's sunny then it rains for about and hour than sunny again for 5 min, then hail, then more rain!!! It's pretty dull and miserable I hope it gets better soon!
Today sees another new challenge over at Kenny Ks Krafty Girlz and our theme is..
POCKETS WITH TAGS
I have to say this slightly scared me I'm not that much into tags let alone pockets! But I went for a pocket card with a simple tag and made a car for my nephew's birthday which is on Thursday, the same day as my son's.
My nephew, Sam, is autistic, he loves playing with cards, not in the game sort of way you and I would but counts them, flicks them, holds them etc so this image, anime game kid, was completely perfect for his card!
I have used portobello rd papers (I really love these especially for male cards) The playing cards were a freebie download, I just googled them and printed them off! My play tab is one I've had in my stash forever from rusty pickle, the tag is made from an old jeans tag, I just roughed it up and added some paper and then added the metal  embossed charm from Making memories, my sentiment is SU.
I have coloured this super image with prisma pencils and I have added some glossy accents to his glasses for a slightly raised effect. I have edged in vintage photo and mounted on kraft cardstock.
I would like to enter this into..
OLLCB Bold and bright, For fun challenges anything goes, Cute card thurs metallica, Daring cardmakers tag you're it, Crafty Anns it's a man thing, Totally gorjuss boys and their toys and 2 sisters use a digi.
Do check out the rest of the teams cracking creations this wk!
I have to say I'm super excited for this week coming! My mum is here tomorrow for the week (so I may not be about blogland so much) It's Calebs 5th birthday on Thurs and we get our puppy on Sat whoop whoop it's fun times ahead!!
Thanks so much for coming by my blog!
Big hugs to you all
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Rebekah, love everything about it and hope you have a great week!
Helen x

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! Fab card really cool and those papers are brilliant. Hope you have a great week with your mum xx

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is just brilliant your colours are perfect along with your gorgeous detail,have a brilliant time with your mum Hun,and happy birthday to Caleb too Hun xxxxxxx
and photos of your puppy too Hun please xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Catherine said...

Stunning card, enjoy yur puppy, they don't stay little for long, mine is 6 months already!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah, what a great card! Love the layout and a really wonderful image perfectly coloured.

Never made a tag myself - either stand alone or on a card! Wouldn't even know where to start!!

Sounds like you've got a busy week ahead. Hope Caleb has a lovely birthday. My Emily is currently in the living room writing out her birthday invites - and that's not until the end of June, she's getting rather excited at turning 5 ;-)

Sarah

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous and fun card Rebekah, lovely use of the Portabello Rd papers, very ingenious.
Have a wonderful week with all those things going on, but lovely family times together.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sandra H said...

Your card is stunning Rebekah as always love it all:)x

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card Rebekah. I hope both boys have a fabulous birthday on Thursday.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Laila said...

It's perfect :o) I always have such a hard time making cards for boys/men. I'm sure your nephew will love it to bits.
Hugs Laila

check out my small spring candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

Kjersti said...

A great card, and your coloring is just amazing!
Have a nice day!
Hugs Kjersti:)

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Evenings! This is amazing! Love the DP, the LO and the embellies :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute birthday card and I'm sure your nephew is going to love it too. Looks like a busy week ahead for you... Birthday gatherings huh!
Have super week Rebekah!

angelwhispers said...

I love it the papers and design are just so perfect for this great image!! Have a great week with your Mum, the new puppy and of course Calebs 5th birthday boy you have a busy week! Love Chanelle xxx

Mona Evy said...

Wow, fabulous card to a boy! Your coloring is just amazing!

Gem said...

this looks fab hun, perfect boys card! Gem xx

mags said...

Great male card Rebekah. Love the image and all your details. Have a good week.
mags
x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rebekah this is one fantastic male card, it gives you that get up and go feeling, the colours, design and image are superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab image and it goes perfectly with the papers .. a brilliant card - your nephew will love it
Lisa x

coops said...

so stunning rebekah.fabulous image and i love your colours ;D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous male card Rebekah...Sounds like you have a great week ahead of you, enjoy.
Hugs Wendy xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A really stunning card sweetie, I love the image and the playing cards and colours work perfectly. I hope you have a lovely week with your mum hun
Lindsay xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

I love it sweetie, its fantastic & great image too!!

Have a great week!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Rebekah love the image and the papers and detail are all gorgeous...Hope you have a fabulous week with your Mum,early Birthday wishes to Caleb hope he has a great day and can't wait to see some pics of your new fur baby...Have a great week...
Mandy x

Ann Whitfield said...

What a well thought out, crafted and generally fabulous card Rebekkah. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Rebekah, wow I love this card, your colouring is superb! great image.
Love the playing cards, and fab papers.
Hope your having a lovely week.
Love, Mel. xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant Rebekah I'm sure your nephew will love it! Have a lovely week with your mum xx

Helen Dooley said...

Way cool! thanks for sharing at for fun!

Nina Macaulay said...

OH this is a great card! crisp colours, and great layoring
Not long til Nikita arrives!! You must all be sooo excited :O)

Hugs Nina x

DesignerDiva said...

Love it Rebekah! These papers are delish - can't bring myself to use mine yet lol
Fab colouring, perfect details - just stunning
Hugs Laurie xx

Zuzana Obert said...

Fabulous card Rebekah! There is still time to play and win a fabulous prize from Daring Cardmakers this week. Check the rules! :0)

Zuzana x

Katy said...

This card is so awesome! Great coloring! Thanks for playing at For Fun Challenges!--Katy, GDT

Gez Butterworth said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers this week. Gez.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Rebekah! This is totally awesome! I love the colour combo and what a fab image! I love all the added extras too! I'm sure your nephew will love it! :)
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week...good luck!
Lizy DT x

Sassy Scrapper said...

Super cool boy card, I love it and you did a fabulous job. Love the cards.Hugs Bonnie

Bettina L. said...

You really aced this oe;) Love your fab red white and blue design and those cards and your colouring makes it top notch. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx